Beijing, the capital of China, is a city where the ancient culture and the modern civilization are well integrated. It attracts tens of millions of visitors and tourists both at home and abroad each year to enjoy its rich culture and wonderful scenery.
Beijing is endowed with rare cultural heritage by its long history. The Great Wall, one of the world wonders and the only piece of man-made architecture that can be seen from the space, meanders through mountains and valleys for hundreds of kilometers in the region of Beijing. The poetic and picturesque Summer Palace is a classic work of the imperial garden. The Forbidden City is the most splendid architectural complex of imperial palaces in the world. The Temple of Heaven is the place of worship for emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties as well as a masterpiece of ancient Chinese architectural art. The above four have all been listed in the World Cultural Heritage by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Top Things to Do in Beijing
- Walk the Great Wall: On Trip Advisor in 2018, the top #1 and #3 things to do in Beijing are visiting the Mutianyu and Badaling sections of the Great Wall, respectively. Find the suitable Great Wall itinerary on our Great Wall tours page.
- Explore the Forbidden City: the second most popular attraction in Beijing. It is hard to get an idea of the great size of the imperial palace until you are in it.
- Savor the Summer Palace — where one palace was forbidding, this one is inviting! Wander around where royals relaxed in the warmer months.
- Hutong discovery. Sightseeing, shop, and savor delicate snacks in ancient residential and shopping streets.
- Enjoy entertainment that'ssome of the best in the East; acrobatics and martial arts performances, Beijing opera, ...
- Dine on duck, Peking style, and other tasty Beijing cuisine.